You are hereHome » Other MSU Faculty Development Opportunities Beyond F&OD
Other MSU Faculty Development Opportunities Beyond F&OD
Faculty Development Open to All MSU Instructors: Teaching
Face-to Face Workshops
Engaging Millennial Learners - Friday, February 7th from 3:00-4:00pm in B135 Wells Hall
Presenters: Anne Baker, Sandhya Shanker, and Shannon Spasova
Hosted by the Center for Language Teaching Advancement (CeLTA). The presentation will include research-based evidence with respect to the qualities of millennial learners and teaching implications in the language classroom.
For more information, please contact Sandhya Shanker, Academic Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explorations in Instructional Technology – Brown Bag Series sponsored by MSU Libraries & IT Services, and the MSU College of Natural Science.
Contact Sev Grabski at email@example.com to be added to the notification list for this series.
Conversations on Online Pedagogy and Best Practices
- Breakfast Series: http://learndat.tech.msu.edu/teach/breakfast-series
- Services & consultations on technology and teaching: http://learndat.tech.msu.edu/services.
Faculty Seminars in Research and Instructional Technology – MSU Libraries & IT Services; technology for faculty – offered twice a year – end of Fall and Spring semesters:
Online and Blended Teaching Workshops –
LearnDAT face-to-face workshops: http://learndat.tech.msu.edu/node/1113
Online Workshops, Training and Resources
- On Pedagogy and Androgogy
- F&OD Online Instructional Resources (OIR) – A vetted list of online resources on various faculty development topics.
- F&OD – Asynchronous Teaching Essentials Worshops:
- “Course” is named Teaching Essentials for Careers in Higher Education (Epigeum). There are eight modules. See /teche for more information.
- F&OD – Online Teaching Videos. Access via Angel. “Course” is named On-Demand Faculty & Instructional Development Programs.
- For credit program: Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning. Offered by Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education (HALE) program in the Department of Educational Administration in the College of Education at Michigan State University: http://education.msu.edu/ead/hale/certificate/
- Online Technology Training
Faculty Development Open to Select MSU Instructors: Teaching
- STEM faculty: “Essential Teaching Techniques for STEM Faculty” http://TeachingEssentials.msu.edu
- Testing Thinking with a Bubble Sheet: Writing Quality Multiple-Choice Questions, Kathy Doig (Biomedical Laboratory Diagnostics Program, College of Natural Science) on Wednesday, January 15
- Problem-Based Learning (PBL), John Sticklen (Applied Engineering Science Program, College of Engineering) on Thursday, February 13
- Teaching and Learning Through the Use of Controversies, Rique Campa (Fisheries and Wildlife and Assoicate Dean, The Grauate School) on Wednesday, March 12
- Final Session TBA on Wednesday, April 16 OR Thursday, April 17
- Graduate Teaching Assistants: Teaching Assistant Programs: http://tap.msu.edu/
- College of Human Medicine, Office of Medical Education:
Faculty Development Open to MSU Instructors: Not Directly Teaching
Translation of content on this website is performed by Google™ Translate, which performs automated computer translations that are only an approximation of the original content. The translations should only be used as a rough guide. MSU does not and cannot guarantee the accuracy of the translations generated by Google™ Translate.