You are hereHome » Other MSU Faculty Development Opportunities Beyond F&OD
Other MSU Faculty Development Opportunities Beyond F&OD
Faculty Development Open to All MSU Instructors: Teaching
Face-to Face Workshops
Explorations in Instructional Technology – Brown Bag Series sponsored by MSU Libraries & IT Services, and the MSU College of Natural Science.
Contact Sev Grabski at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the notification list for this series.
Conversations on Online Pedagogy and Best Practices
- Breakfast Series: http://learndat.tech.msu.edu/teach/breakfast-series
- Services & consultations on technology and teaching: http://learndat.tech.msu.edu/services.
Faculty Seminars in Research and Instructional Technology – MSU Libraries & IT Services; technology for faculty – offered twice a year – end of Fall and Spring semesters:
Online and Blended Teaching Workshops –
LearnDAT face-to-face workshops: http://learndat.tech.msu.edu/node/1113
Online Workshops, Training and Resources
- On Pedagogy and Androgogy
- F&OD Online Instructional Resources (OIR) – A vetted list of online resources on various faculty development topics.
- F&OD – Asynchronous Teaching Essentials Worshops:
- “Course” is named Teaching Essentials for Careers in Higher Education (Epigeum). There are eight modules. See /teche for more information.
- F&OD – Online Teaching Videos. Access via Angel. “Course” is named On-Demand Faculty & Instructional Development Programs.
- For credit program: Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning. Offered by Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education (HALE) program in the Department of Educational Administration in the College of Education at Michigan State University: http://education.msu.edu/ead/hale/certificate/
- Online Technology Training
Faculty Development Open to Select MSU Instructors: Teaching
- STEM faculty: “Essential Teaching Techniques for STEM Faculty” http://TeachingEssentials.msu.edu
- New Tools for a New Era: Teaching with Technology, Stephen Thomas (CNS Zoology) on Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2012
- Active Learning: Engaging Students in the Classroom, Doug Luckie on Monday, October 8, 2012
- Big and Effective: Successful Teaching in Large Classrooms, Tammy Long (CNS Plant Biology) on Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012
- Making the Case: An Introduction to Case-Based Learning, Pat Soranno (CANR Fisheries and Wildlife) on Monday, Feb. 11, 2013
- Learning by Doing: Inquiry-Based Laboratory Instruction, John Merrill (CNS Microbiology) on Thursday, Mar. 14, 2013
- STEM Teaching Forum, STEM faculty to discuss and share their experiences in teaching innovation on April 17, 2013
- Graduate Teaching Assistants: Teaching Assistant Programs: http://tap.msu.edu/
- College of Human Medicine, Office of Medical Education:
Faculty Development Open to MSU Instructors: Not Directly Teaching
Translation of content on this website is performed by Google™ Translate, which performs automated computer translations that are only an approximation of the original content. The translations should only be used as a rough guide. MSU does not and cannot guarantee the accuracy of the translations generated by Google™ Translate.