Faculty Development Open to All MSU Instructors: Teaching
Face-to Face Workshops
Explorations in Instructional Technology – Brown Bag Series sponsored by MSU Libraries & IT Services, and the MSU College of Natural Science.
Contact Sev Grabski at email@example.com to be added to the notification list for this series.
Conversations on Online Pedagogy and Best Practices
- Services & consultations on technology and teaching: http://tech.msu.edu/teaching/instructional-design-development/.
Faculty Seminars in Research and Instructional Technology – MSU Libraries & IT Services; technology for faculty – offered twice a year – end of Fall and Spring semesters:
Online Workshops, Training and Resources
- On Pedagogy and Androgogy
- F&OD Online Instructional Resources (OIR) – A vetted list of online resources on various faculty development topics.
- F&OD – Asynchronous Teaching Essentials Workshops:
- “Course” is named Teaching Essentials for Careers in Higher Education (Epigeum). There are eight modules. See /online-demand-asynchronous-workshops-teaching-essentials-careers-higher-education-teche for more information.
- F&OD – Online Teaching Videos. Access via Angel. “Course” is named On-Demand Faculty & Instructional Development Programs.
- For credit program: Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning. Offered by Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education (HALE) program in the Department of Educational Administration in the College of Education at Michigan State University: http://education.msu.edu/ead/hale/certificate/
- Online Technology Training
- Teaching Online – Learning Design and Technology (LearnDAT): http://tech.msu.edu/teaching . This website provides online advice and resources for teaching online.
Faculty Development Open to Select MSU Instructors: Teaching
- STEM faculty: “Essential Teaching Techniques for STEM Faculty” http://TeachingEssentials.msu.edu
- Developing Assessments that Engage Students in Three-Dimensional Learning, Danny Caballero, Justin Carmel, Melanie Cooper, Diane Ebert-May, Cori Fata-Hartley, Lynmarie Posey, Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 1425 Biomedical Physical Sciences Building
- Strategies for Effective Creation, Implementation, and Assessment of Student Teams, Kendra Spence Cheruvelil, Thursday, October 20, 2016 in 3405 Engineering
- Tips for Successful Team Teaching, Jon Stoltzfus, Kristin Parent, Terri McElhinny, Wednesday, November 16, 2016 in 3405 Engineering
- Graduate Teaching Assistants: Teaching Assistant Programs: http://tap.msu.edu/
- College of Human Medicine, Office of Medical Education:
Faculty Development Open to MSU Instructors: Not Directly Teaching
Diversity – Education for Sustainable Diversity by the Office of Inclusion:
Intercultural Education Network (IEN):
Center for Statistical Training and Consulting(C-STAT):
Office of the Ombudsman:
This Office is a stellar resource for many faculty questions about students, grading, etc. They also occasionally provide workshops for faculty on related topics.
Office of the Registrar:
Opening Doors: A Personal and Professional Journey:
Outreach & Engagement:
Persons with Disabilities (RCPD):
Research Facilitation and Dissemination:
Spartans Learn – Professional development & technology training opportunities:
Workshops for you for your students: http://writing.msu.edu/workshop-catalog/
Services for you and/or your students: http://writing.msu.edu/resources/
External Faculty Development Opportunities:
The Teaching Professor Technology Conference
Educause Learning Initiative Webinars
Teaching and Learning with Technology: The TLT group: Friday online workshops:
The Sloan Consortium Webinars