Please visit the new FEA Webpage at http://facultyemeriti.msu.edu
Questions or comments for the FEA, please email: email@example.com.
The mission of the MSU Faculty Emeriti Association is to promote, facilitate and sponsor activities that enable faculty emeriti to be actively engaged with the University and the community and to share their lifetime of experience and expertise.
The Office of Faculty and Organizational Development has launched a new initiative to provide opportunities for MSU faculty emeriti to share their expertise with the MSU community. Growing out of a recent initiative by faculty emeriti and academic administrators in the College of Social Science, MSU leaders are now exploring institution-wide opportunities to connect the interests and expertise of faculty emeriti from all MSU colleges with University needs for an ongoing collaboration that is mutually valued and enriching. This group complements the activities of the MSU Retirees' Association.
This new initiative to provide opportunities for MSU faculty emeriti began with an Open Forum in November, 2004, attended by 110 faculty emeriti and current academic administrators.
The five goals for the Forum were:
- To learn more about the needs and desires of faculty emeriti to continue to contribute by sharing their professional expertise and experience;
- To hear from units on campus that already provide opportunities for Emeriti;
- To hear from units that have needs for the expertise of faculty emeriti and are interested in developing new opportunities to collaborate with them;
- To explore ways of connecting emeriti with available options, to identify expectations and parameters of voluntary engagement, and to develop mechanisms for communications and future planning efforts;
- To provide opportunities immediately before and after the meeting for Emeriti to catch up with friends and colleagues in an informal setting with refreshments.
To build on the work of the Open Forum, a Steering Committee was formed to plan next steps for the MSU Faculty Emeriti Opportunities Program (now called MSU Faculty Emeriti Association). The Steering Committee is headed by Chair Charles Gliozzo, Professor Emeritus, and reports to Dr. Deborah DeZure, Assistant Provost for Faculty and Organizational Development. For a list of the Steering Committee members, click here.
Volunteer opportunities for faculty emeriti are posted on the websites of MSU Human Resources and the Office of Faculty and Organizational Development.
For those who were unable to attend the first Open Forum, there will be opportunities for involvement in the future. If you have questions, please contact Charles Gliozzo, Steering Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.