Thursday, March 30, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
MSU Union, Ballroom
(Registration at 8:30am; program begins at 9:00am)
Purpose: This Program is designed for MSU Youth Program Directors to clarify the MSU Youth Program Policy and its requirement, provide productive approaches to fulfill the requirements, and to answer questions about the Policy and how to apply it.
Intended Audience: Although this program is designed primarily for Program Directors and Coordinators, individuals who supervise MSU Youth Program Directors and those who plan to serve as Program Directors in the future are welcome to attend.
At the close of this Program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the MSU Youth Program Policy and its Requirements,
- Identify MSU Reporting Protocols for suspected incidents of child abuse;
- Identify signs of child abuse;
- Identify examples of how MSU Youth Programs are adhering to the Requirements of the MSU Youth Program Policy;
- Have access to relevant resources to assist them with their Youth Programs
- have their questions answered by campus experts.
9:00 a.m. Welcome
9:05 a.m. Overview of the MSU Youth Program Policy and its Requirements
9:50 a.m. Remarks by Provost June Youatt
10:00 a.m. MSU Reporting Protocols for Suspected Incidents of Child Abuse
10:10 a.m. Recognizing Signs of Child Abuse
10:30 a.m. Break
10:45 a.m. Moderated Panel of MSU Youth Program Directors
11:20 a.m. Q & A
11:55 a.m. Review of Resources for Youth Program Directors
12:00-12:30 Resource Fair (Campus experts available for Q&A and consultations)
This Program is sponsored by the Office of the Provost, Michigan State University.
Special thanks to the MSU Office of the General Counsel, MSU Human Resources, MSU Office of Internal Audit, MSU Police and Public Safety, MSU Outreach and Engagement, MSU Libraries, and Counseling and Psychiatric Services